Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, soy sauce and honey until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add garlic and ginger to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute (do not allow garlic to brown). Stir in vinegar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°.
- Uncover; simmer 1-2 minutes longer or until sauce is slightly thickened. If desired, cut into bite-size pieces and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 247 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 31, 2018
This is excellent recipe for something different for chicken. Everyone liked it and I will definitely make it again. Because we like our food on the spicy side I added 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce. The sauce thickened up very nicely.
Mar 16, 2018
Excellent! I used boneless chicken thighs. When I saw these cooking in the pan, I wasn't sure they would be that good, but they were excellent. Thanks for the great recipe!
May 31, 2016
I took previous advice and doubled sauce. I was also impatient in waiting for the sauce to thicken so I added a sprinkle of cornstarch. Tasty...will make again.
Apr 16, 2016
Great Recipe it was easy to make. I used the chicken thighs and everyone loved it. It was a very tasty dish. I actually doubled the glaze ingredients to make more. Everyone enjoyed the meal. I served it with rice noodles and broccoli. It was wonderful and the left overs were even better. This is a recipe I'll make often.
Mar 13, 2016
Try this, you won't be disappointed!! I didn't have chicken thighs, so I used chicken breasts and I cut them up a bit. I thought the glaze needed more liquid, so I added some chicken broth. I also took out the chicken when it was done. So then, the glaze was too thin. So I just kept on boiling it, stirring almost constantly, basically making a reduction (I think that's the right term.) I would like more glaze though-I'd maybe double the glaze ingredients. Delicious!!! I served it with basmati rice and broccoli.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.