Fiery Sweet Chicken Thighs
This dish combines my love of spicy hot Thai food with a sweet, almost barbecuelike sauce. —Eve Gray, Marietta, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup apricot brandy or chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai red chili paste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add poblanos and onion to drippings; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; add brandy. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in chili garlic sauce and chili paste; pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°, 4-5 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 421 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Smokin' Sweet Thighs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019