Saucy Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 9 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Pour over chicken; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh: 319 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 10, 2017
We have tried crock-pot chicken recipes over and over and it is really our least favorite method to cook. This sauce and pre-broiling method is really good and we did the thighs 40 min on the grill, indirect. We basted with this sauce at 20 min mark and then again just before removing from grill. Removed at 160 degrees internal and let sit 3-4 min. covered. Temp moved to 163 degrees and they were perfect.
May 12, 2017
Simple and delicious.
Apr 24, 2017
Easy and delicious! Followed the directions exactly with the exception of broiling the chicken thighs, because I was in a hurry. I literally threw frozen chicken thighs into the slow cooker, poured the sauce over it and forgot it for five hours. The chicken was moist and tender, with plenty of sauce to go around! I did thicken the sauce a bit by taking 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and whisking in 1 tablespoon of flour and then returned it to the slow cooker. Served it with hot buttered rice and corn on the cob. Will definitely make this again. I bet this would be great with pork chops too!
Mar 23, 2016
This Was Delicious!! would be great on pork chops........ will definitely be making this again!
Jan 28, 2016
Love slow cooker recipes like this....easy, delicous and so tasty!
Jun 14, 2015
This was good, but not fabulous. I think I'm going to use a better bbq sauce.....I just used an off brand and that was probably stupid of me, lol! But it didn't sit well with my tummy. Not the recipes fault.....
Jun 1, 2015
This is a wonderful weeknight dish. It's great to come home from work and have this all ready to go. I like serving it with rice pilaf. The sauce is so good!
Feb 5, 2015
Awesome and delicious and can be adjusted for a smaller family
Jan 15, 2015
My husband and step son love this! easy and great taste!
Aug 6, 2014
Great taste and very tender! Used boneless chicken thighs instead and cook for 4 1/2 hours on low.