Saucy Raspberry Chicken
I first had this as a teenage babysitter, when the children’s mom prepared it for us to eat while she was out. The kids loved it, and so did I! Now I make it for my own kids.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 5 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the spreadable fruit, soy sauce, mustard and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken leg quarter with 1/3 cup sauce: 337 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Raspberried Drumsticks in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012