Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn chicken. Spoon some sauce over chicken. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken again; baste with sauce. Broil for 2-3 minutes longer or until browned. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 626 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 46g protein.
Oct 10, 2018
I have been making this recipe for a couple of years but when I moved, the recipe book was lost. I was determined to find this specific recipe from Taste of Home because it is amazing! I gave it 5 stars 3 years ago and I STILL give it 5 stars because it is perfect!
Sep 29, 2014
Nice spice mixture, delicious!
Jan 27, 2014
Love all the spices in this meal,so delicious!!