Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn chicken. Spoon some sauce over chicken. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken again; baste with sauce. Broil for 2-3 minutes longer or until browned. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 626 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 46g protein.
Oct 10, 2018
I have been making this recipe for a couple of years but when I moved, the recipe book was lost. I was determined to find this specific recipe from Taste of Home because it is amazing! I gave it 5 stars 3 years ago and I STILL give it 5 stars because it is perfect!
Sep 29, 2014
Nice spice mixture, delicious!
Jan 27, 2014
Love all the spices in this meal,so delicious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.