Tangy Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4-3/4 hours
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, optional
- Combine salad dressing mix and pepper. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the chicken, butter, salad dressing mixture, onion and garlic. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Skim fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and broth until blended; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; stir sauce until smooth. Serve chicken with sauce and noodles or rice if desired.Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 24, 2014
Made this the other night, and followed the recipe exactly....it was delicious and the leftovers tasted even better the next day. We all loved it! A definite keeper!(JoyCook68....how old are you? Your response to this recipe was worthy of that of a five year old.)
Feb 10, 2014
Soooo Grossss! Looked and tasted disgusting! Too many flavor combinations. Never making this again!
Feb 5, 2014
This recipe was simple and delicious! I didn't have time for the slow cooker so instead I did the following: I seasoned the chicken with the Italian dressing seasoning and pepper. I use 2 tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter and sautéed the onions and garlic. I mixed together the cream of chicken soup, broth, onion and garlic mixture, and cream cheese. Then spooned it over the chicken. I covered the chicken and baked it in a glass Pyrex dish on 375 degrees for 1 hour. Perfect!
Nov 19, 2013
I just cooked this; we have not eaten it yet but I tasted it.. I is so very good!! It is so good I called friends to join us!! Love this recipe
Nov 5, 2013
It was ok... don't think I'd bother to make again however.... sprinking grated parmesan on top definitely improved its flavor.
Oct 6, 2013
My granddaughters just love this dish. Every time I go to their house they insist I make it for them. This will probably be one of those recipes that keep getting handed down.
Apr 16, 2013
Super simple. Had everything on hand. Tasty. I would say it should be called "creamy chicken thighs" as well, because it isn't really tangy. It's real creamy though! I threw in some potato chunks, and just ate it like a stew. :)
Mar 15, 2013
Have made this just once before, without rating. Would definitely give this a '10' if stars went that high.
Jan 27, 2013
Maybe the name should be Creamy chicken thighs so people that want very tangy chicken will not be upset.It is really good over noodles.
Jul 26, 2012
Not in the least bit tangy. Nobody liked it enough to make again.