Huli Huli Chicken Thighs
I'm allergic to store-bought barbecue sauces, so when I found a marinade recipe I could use, I tweaked it a little and began using it with chicken thighs. My fiance loves this over Parmesan couscous.—Erin Rockwell, Lowell, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Mix first six ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. If desired, top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 239 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Huli Huli Chicken Thighes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.