Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the vinegar, honey and basil; pour over chicken. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 11, 2014
Very easy economical quick meal. We really enjoyed it. The sauce was great over the rice!
Jun 18, 2008
I cook this all the time and we love it! I make the full sauce recipe for 2 breasts, cook it down further and it works very well!
Mar 17, 2008
This was super fast, easy, and delicious. We loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.