Orange-Maple Glazed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and orange zest. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with orange juice mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Nov 28, 2017
My family loved this glaze! The vinegar and mustard really balance the sweetness of the orange and maple.
May 23, 2016
Very good and easy to make. I make it often.
Oct 26, 2014
Nov 30, 2013
This was a nice twist. I would not add the orange zest next time as it was too much of the orange flavor, but I will definitely make this again!
Nov 14, 2012
very good! i would suggest making extra glaze to serve over rice
Jun 23, 2012
Dec 7, 2011
This just wasn't as flavorful as I expected.
Feb 3, 2011
Yumo! I used chicken thighs and baked them in the oven. Basted them with the orange mixture. I'll be making this recipe often.
Jan 27, 2011
I do not keep many recipes,but this is a keeper. Easy, quick and delicious. Dawn
Dec 16, 2010
I halved the recipe, but only used two boneless chickens for my husband and I.Worked great and easy enough for camping.I put the ingredients together in a small freezer baggie, put in fridge and heated up in the microwave.