Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne pepper; add the chicken pieces shake to coat. Pour 4 tablespoons butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 501 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2018
Very good! The curry and honey pair well together. Cover to prevent burning. Served with rice.
Jan 15, 2018
Very good! I used four bone-in chicken breast halves, but had to remove the skin before dredging since my husband is now on the cardiac diet. Have no cayenne pepper (how could that be?) so substituted coarsely-ground black pepper. And only put 1/4 tsp. curry powder in the sauce, as he is not a great fan of curry. If I make this again I think I could bump the amount of curry powder up to 1/2 tsp. and he'd still eat it. The leftovers are going to make for some great chicken sandwiches or chicken salad.
Jun 25, 2017
This is so good. It bakes up really nice.
Oct 27, 2016
Oct 8, 2016
This chicken is awesome. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great. Will definitely make this one again.
Jul 10, 2015
This is so easy and delicious. My picky 2 years old son said "yummy" several times. I used things because that's what I have and also substituted a tablespoon of lime juice instead of lemon juice. I definitely going to make this again.
Aug 5, 2014
Very good. I used boneless chicken breast, and only 1/2 the recommended salt. Baked for ~40 minutes, then put on Broiler to crisper. Served over fresh spinach.
Jul 1, 2014
My husband loved this and so did I. Very moist! Great over rice with a side salad :)
Apr 14, 2014
This has been my husband's favorite chicken recipe for several years now! Always the way he requests chicken :) I follow the recipe exactly and it always comes out awesome. Sweet and slightly spicy with the cayenne. Great recipe that's become a staple in our home.
Jan 17, 2014
Wonderful chicken dish. I did use boneless, skinless, chicken breast. My husband liked it. I will be making it more in future. Thank you very much