Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, orange zest, salt and pepper. In another bowl, toss chicken with orange juice. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere; place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spritz tops with cooking spray until crumbs appear moistened. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown and chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until blended. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken tenders with 2 tablespoons sauce: 326 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 3, 2016
My family really liked this recipe. The sauce is a good compliment, I was afraid it'd taste too much like honey, but not at all. Quick and easy to make. I'll be making this one again soon.
Dec 9, 2015
We both loved these! My husband must have mentioned their great flavor at least three times as he was eating. The sauce is a perfect accompaniment. I used panko because they were the first bread crumbs that came to hand, but I'll probably try regular ones the next time. A definite keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.