Apple-Marinated Chicken & Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Place 1 cup marinade and chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Cut carrots, zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into 2-in. pieces. Toss with 1/2 cup reserved marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with remaining marinade during the last 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables: 367 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Jan 8, 2018
Pretty good. But needed some umami, like fish sauce ?
Aug 29, 2016
Pretty good! Agree with DianeC23 below, word for word. Have made it multiple times.
Nov 9, 2015
Pretty good. Although I did think that the flavor of the marinade was far better with the chicken and carrot than it was with the squash.
Aug 4, 2015
Oh me oh my! This was a great find! I made the chicken and veggies this weekend for a birthday BBQ and it turned out great! The chicken was very juicy. I didn't have a grill wok, so I tossed the veggies in the marinade then made a foil steam pack and steamed them on the grill. My husband talked about the chicken for 2 days afterword, and our 1 year old loved it! This will definitely be a go-to from here on out. Maybe make kebobs next time.... The only thing I'd change is to make MORE marinade! :) It didn't seem like enough to really flavor the chicken/vegetables.
Aug 2, 2015
Making this today but don't have summer squash and will add onions and cherry tomatoes. Nummy.
Jun 18, 2015
Pretty good! This was easy to make, and tastes good. There's a hint of sweetness to it that everyone liked. I'll make this again.
Jun 29, 2014
This was so good!!! Loved the sweetness of the marinade!! The whole family loved it!