Chicken Alfredo with Grilled Apples
If you've never grilled apples before, here's your excuse to start. I created this Alfredo-style chicken for a party. By the number of recipe requests, I knew it was a hit. —Richard Robinson, Park Forest, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 1 large Braeburn or Gala apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with chicken seasoning. In a small bowl, toss apple wedges with lemon juice.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Grill apple, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Top chicken with provolone cheese; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken with Alfredo sauce and apple. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 352 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Chicken Alfredo with Grilled Apples in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015