Grilled Apple Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup juice mixture. Add oil to the remaining juice mixture; pour into a large resealable bag. Add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved juice mixture.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved juice mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 160 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 21, 2015
This marinade is milder than some we've tried, but the results were delicious! We marinated it overnight and the chicken was juicy and flavorful.
Mar 7, 2013
My family and I absolutely LOVE this!
Aug 7, 2009
Please give oven baking or broiling directions for those of us who do not grill.Jente
Aug 6, 2009
if you marinate overnight, it's better
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.