Apple Barbecue Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sprinkle drumsticks with pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown drumsticks in batches; drain. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring to combine. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken drumsticks with 1/2 cup sauce: 501 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 16, 2018
Welcome to Dallas, Texas. Apple Barbecue Chicken. YUMMY.
Feb 19, 2016
Delicious recipe! 5 lbs of drumsticks is a good amount. I steamed the drumsticks in my food steamer first, then boiled the sauce ingredients together.- Theresa
Apr 20, 2015
I used drumsticks and thighs and followed the sauce and cooking directions exactly.... wouldn't change a thing!
Jan 28, 2015
I made this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breast instead of the drumsticks. It was an instant hit with our children and they have requested it again many, many times since this past Fall. Easy, delicious recipe.