Balsamic-Glazed Fig & Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each), trimmed and silver skin removed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 dried figs, halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Cut pork into 1-in. cubes. Combine next seven ingredients; rub over pork. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill. Meanwhile, make a glaze by whisking vinegar, honey, mustard and oil. Set aside.
- On water-soaked wooden skewers, thread pork cubes and fig halves. Grill, covered, on a greased rack over medium-high direct heat, turning occasionally, until a thermometer reads 145°, 8-10 minutes. During last half of grilling, brush cooked surfaces frequently with glaze.
- Let skewers stand for 5 minutes; add a tomato to each. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle lightly with blue cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 139 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 26, 2017
This was an amazing dinner! Super easy to put the pork chunks and marinade together. 5 minutes of threading the skewers and on the grill they went. The flavor has a hint of sweetness because of the honey. I didn't change a thing. We had it with the grilled stone fruit salad. Delish!!
May 25, 2017
Complex flavors at their best. Even the Tomatoes chine in and adding their slightly warmed Juices to the mix. I sliced mine in 1/2 and added them during the last few minutes of grilling. I used an indoor grill pan to prepare this recipe. It is company worthy. Next time I will reduce the amount of Balsamic vinegar and will use Prunes instead of the Figs. This is one Impressive recipe.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor.