Marinated Pork Strips
Meet the Cook: Especially if you're having company, this is a good recipe. While it looks like you spent time on it, it's actually easy. Married 6 years, we have three little ones. Technically, I'm not working, but I've never worked so hard in my life! -Karen Peterson, Hainesville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) lemon-lime soda
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place pork in a heavy resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over hot heat for 12 minutes, turning once.
Originally published as Marinated Pork Strips in Country Woman January/February 1997
Oct 10, 2011
This is a great dinner to prepare the night before and cook up in no time the next day after work. My family and I have made this recipe many times and enjoy it over rice. The only substitution I make is I use diet lemon/lime soda.