Pork Tenderloin with Cran-Apple Sauerkraut
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours + standing
- 1/4 pound center-cut bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1 cup cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and leeks over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Place sweet potato and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender; drain. Stir in bacon mixture, sauerkraut, apple, cranberries, wine, brown sugar, caraway seeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer half of the sauerkraut mixture to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle pork with pepper and remaining salt; place in slow cooker. Top with remaining sauerkraut mixture. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until pork is tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- Remove pork from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve pork with sauerkraut.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup sauerkraut: 310 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1345mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2019
This recipe is awesome! I used a 2 1/4 pound pork loin roast in place of the tenderloin, and cooked it for 4 hours. Also I omitted the leeks. I made some pork gravy and spaetzle to go along with it. Will be one of my top go to recipes for pork!