Cherry-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
“My tangy, glazed tenderloin is so simple to prepare. I serve it with roasted sweet potatoes and apples, a salad and French bread for a festive Sunday dinner.” —Sandra Kennedy, Atlanta, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup cherry juice blend
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherry juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place tenderloins on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup glaze for serving. Spoon half of the remaining glaze over pork.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved glaze.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 173 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Cherry Glazed Pork Tenderloin in Country Woman December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.