Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Place wine and cherries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Serve steaks with cherry sauce and sprinkle with green onion.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1 tablespoon sauce: 291 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 26, 2016
My husband and I agreed -- these just might be the best steaks we've ever eaten! Next time I will make the full amount of sauce (instead of halving it for the two of us) and serve it with couscous as suggested.
May 2, 2013
I bought good steaks and they cooked perfectly. So most and tender. And the cherry sauce was a great accompaniment; I served the steaks with couscous, which the sauce was great with as well.