Cherry-Barbecue Pork Ribs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place the ribs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, Liquid Smoke if desired, garlic powder and pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves and molasses. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs. On a greased grill, cook ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning occasionally.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 301 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 11, 2011
Never thought preserves would make such delicious ribs but it DID! I like short ribs better than baby back, etc. because they are more meaty. This is a keeper!
Jun 12, 2011
My family loved this recipe. I was not sure about microwaving the ribs but they were so tender and the sauce was delicious. It was very easy and I had all the ingredients on hand except the Liquid Smoke, which I omitted since it was optional.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.