BBQ Country-Style Ribs
Quick to prep for the slow cooker, this dish goes great with a salad and fresh side. My family practically cheers whenever I make this! —Cheryl Mann, Winside, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Place onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with ribs. In a large bowl, combine barbecue sauce, maple syrup and mustard; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour cooking liquid into a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with pork. If desired, sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup sauce: 598 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1443mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Bar-B-Que Sweet Ribs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016