Farm-Style BBQ Ribs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 can (15 ounces) thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over ribs; cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 578 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 2503mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 44g protein.
May 30, 2018
I can't say enough good things about this recipe. It's easy to put together, the slow cooker, does most of the work, and you have a delicious and hearty meal waiting at the end of the day. I cut back on the chili powder because of the preferences in my household but it was still very flavorful. I cooked them 8 hours and it was perfect.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.