Farm-Style BBQ Ribs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 can (15 ounces) thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over ribs; cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 578 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 2503mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 44g protein.
May 11, 2019
Dwayne, the easiest recipe instructions of all time and you can't figure out how a crock-pot works. lol
Jul 19, 2018
Not enough information on cooking directions, missing directions>Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker then what do you do add water? what are the ribs cooked in. Should be better said!
May 30, 2018
I can't say enough good things about this recipe. It's easy to put together, the slow cooker, does most of the work, and you have a delicious and hearty meal waiting at the end of the day. I cut back on the chili powder because of the preferences in my household but it was still very flavorful. I cooked them 8 hours and it was perfect.