Country-Style Grilled Ribs
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours + standing Grill: 10 min.
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour 1 cup sauce over ribs; turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard sauce from ribs. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until browned, basting with 1 cup sauce and turning occasionally. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 409 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
May 4, 2018
I cooked these tonight. It was simple and the work involved was little. I threw in the oven for the 2 hours, took them out let them soak in the sauce I made for 15 minutes then grilled them for 12 minutes. They were delicious and very tender. Just as I was hoping they would be.
Jul 1, 2012
For those asking about "Stan's Ribs"... It was in 6/98 issue & on page 95 in the 1999 TOH Annual Recipe book. The recipe is called "Stan's Smoky Ribs". We liked Stan's recipe a lot. You simmer the ribs on stovetop first & then grill them for 8-10 mins. Stan's recipe also includes Molasses.
Jun 28, 2012
After almost three hours of baking marinating and grilling, these ribs were dry and tough! I was extremely disappointed!!
Mar 19, 2011
Over all taste was good but not great. I will add a rub next time. This is a great recipe to start building your own taste. Thank you.
Oct 22, 2010
This first time I made this recipe every one raved. My son said this is the only way he will eat ribs. I have tried making it twice since then, but the ribs are so dry it is awful. Does anybody have suggestions on how to cook pork now that the meat is so lean?
Feb 14, 2010
Would add a little pepper to the sauce - other than that, I really liked this recipe.
Jul 11, 2008
I have used this recipe from TOH for years, and lost the old magazine so I am thrilled to find it online. I make the sauce for brisket as well.
May 17, 2008
Could you reprint the recipe for Stan's Country Ribs that were mentioned in the above comments by suepete13 or Marilyn777.Thanks,[email protected]
May 16, 2008
One of my best recipes that I got from TOH years ago was called "Stan's Country Ribs" and is almost the same as this recipe. Great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.