Country-Style Barbecue Ribs
These get a good sear under the broiler, then go into the slow cooker to become fall-apart tender. Enjoy them with great sides, or shredded on a bun. Either way, they're the most amazing ribs you'll ever have. —Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup amber beer or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat broiler. Mix first nine ingredients. Place pork in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan; rub generously with seasonings. Broil 4-5 in. from heat until browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Whisk together barbecue sauce and beer; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove ribs. Reserve 2 cups cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Serve with ribs.
Test Kitchen tips
Not sure which brand of BBQ sauce to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 393 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1098mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Country Ribs of Wow! in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.