Country-Style Barbecue Ribs
These get a good sear under the broiler, then go into the slow cooker to become fall-apart tender. Enjoy them with great sides, or shredded on a bun. Either way, they're the most amazing ribs you'll ever have. —Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup amber beer or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat broiler. Mix first nine ingredients. Place pork in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan; rub generously with seasonings. Broil 4-5 in. from heat until browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Whisk together barbecue sauce and beer; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove ribs. Reserve 2 cups cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Serve with ribs.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 393 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1098mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Country Ribs of Wow! in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.