Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless pork spareribs, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place half of the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the onion. Repeat layers. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender.
Nutrition Facts10 ounce-weight: 492 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 24, 2015
Dry, chewy and the vinegar in the sauce was overpowering. The garbage disposal got this one. Will not make this again.
Jun 23, 2015
obryasa, the 1st line says, 4 - 5 pounds of boneless ribs.
Jun 14, 2015
Recipe does not say how many pounds of ribs to use.
May 15, 2014
OK. I followed the recipe pretty closely and it was good.
Mar 6, 2013
Feb 27, 2011
This sauce is very tangy and wonderful! I will definitely make these again!
Dec 6, 2009
Excellent! I added some water/corn starch mixture when there was about an hours left to thicken the sauce.
Nov 12, 2008
Instead of salt I add 1 tblsp chili powder what a kick it gives but not overpowering. Maryanne
Nov 12, 2008
I've been making this recipe for 20 years it still my sons favortie. You can cook in a 9by 13 pan for 2 1/2 to 3 hours in oven on 325 or fork tender.I don't add the salt. Maryanne
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.