Ribs for Kids
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hot dogs
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise and then widthwise. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 18, 2014
I made this recipe with 2 grandchildren, ages 12 and 14, for lunch. The recipe was easy to make and the sauce had good flavor. However, the sauce was very thin, probably because it was supposed to be put on rice. My grandchildren wanted to put the hotdogs on buns and use the sauce like catsup. Due to the amount of sauce, we used all 8 hotdogs in the package so I will have the leftovers on rice as called for in the recipe and decide if I will make this again.