Country Ribs Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 small red potatoes (about 1 pound), halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, water and garlic. Cook, covered, on low until meat and vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat and vegetables; skim fat from cooking juices. Whisk soup into cooking juices; return meat and vegetables to slow cooker. Cook, covered, until heated through, 15-30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked meat with 1 cup vegetables and 1/4 cup gravy: 528 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1016mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 43g protein.
Apr 20, 2020
Vanessa, when you rate a recipe it should be AS PRINTED. I want to know how the prnted recipe turned out, not how your changes turned out. If you change the recipe and then give it 5 stars you are rating yourself.
Sep 16, 2019
Used some dry rubbed apple smoked ribs and carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, beans and sugar snap peas from garden, Adding the cream mushroom soup at the end made a flavorful gravey. Great easy recipe and the aroma through the house makes you hungary.
Mar 31, 2019
Dude...Whats up with that Jeff guy...the "Recipe-Gastappo". The whole point of finding Recipes Online is to get IDEAS...or simply a foundation of ingrediants and then OBVIOUSELY... you make it your own...and in most cases... YOU MAKE IT BETTER. Get over yourself.
Oct 22, 2018
I made as directed but I didn’t quite dig the “gravy” so I added about 1/2 c heavy whipping cream, one chicken bullion, and about 1/8 c cornstarch and to my delight, dinner was amazing! Good job, keeping this one! Will add some mushrooms next time! Yum :)
Oct 6, 2018
I added a few fresh mushrooms, this was a very good recipe. Will make again often.
Mar 27, 2018
Pork version of pot roast. I baked it in oven bag and was very tender and done in hour and a half. I also browned the ribs first.
Feb 17, 2018
Kevin and others;You’re supposed to review the recipe as published.No one cares nor did they ask what yo7r recipe additions were.Review the recipe as published
Feb 25, 2017
I used a 6 qt slow cooker with a browning and sautee feature. The only changes I did to this great recipe, was to add a bit more liquid & extra 1/2 lb of meat. I added some smoked paprika..1/4 tsp and 1/8 tsp cayenne. I browned the meat and sauteed the onion,garlic, carrots and onion . I also added an 8 oz container of button mushrooms.. Added 1 hour extra for the increased contents.. Was so good. Thanks for the great recipe! # yummy!
Jan 19, 2017
This was so good! Made this yesterday and my family loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and it was perfect. Easy and so delicious!.
Mar 25, 2016
Delicious! All the taste of home cooked comfort food but as easy to prepare as fast food!Easy, tasty , inexpensive and good home cooking! Definitely a keeper.