Green Chile Adobado Poutine
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 dried guajillo or ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles, divided
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1 cup queso fresco
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Lightly smash garlic cloves with the bottom of a heavy skillet to flatten. Cook in a large skillet over medium-low heat until softened and browned, 10 minutes. Cool and peel.
- In same skillet at the same time, cook dried chiles, pressing them against the bottom with a spatula or tongs until lightly toasted and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Pour boiling water over chilies to cover; let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
- Place chiles and garlic in a food processor. Add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, two cans green chiles, vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and cinnamon; process until blended. Stir in remaining enchilada sauce and green chiles. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Add ribs; turn to coat. Cover and cook on high until meat is tender, 3-4 hours. During the final 30 minutes, cook fries according to package directions.
- Remove pork; shred with two forks. Top fries with meat, cheese, enchilada gravy and if desired, pico de gallo.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 434 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1065mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2019
Yum, this was amazing, really different from anything else we've tried. Kids loved that it was over fries and grown ups enjoyed the flavor in the meat.
Dec 10, 2018
Loaded fries like this are a lot of fun, and the meat was also delicious and had a great spice level on its own. I think this would be perfect for a game day party!