Green Chili Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, chilies and cheese. Stir in rice. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2015
The rice didn't cook
Aug 23, 2014
I found this recipe in the TOH magazine many years ago, and loved it! But over the years I lost it and after many times searching the web site finally found it again. I am so happy! I am not a rice eater but I crave this recipe when I make chicken cheese enchiladas. It is so easy with few ingredients and everyone loves it. Thank you Sandra Hanson! Definitely Five Stars!
Feb 16, 2013
This was excellent! We had it as a side dish for our enchilada dinner then the rest we had with scrambled eggs and sausage. Very good!
Dec 18, 2012
Easy and delicious. Went over we'll with entire extended family. Even kids. Will definitely make again.
Nov 3, 2010
My family loved this, it was so filling and superb!