Green Chile Posole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces each ) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed and chopped
- Optional: Sliced avocado, lime wedge, sliced jalapenos, sliced radishes, chopped cilantro and sour cream
- Place first 5 ingredients and 3-3/4 cups broth in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Puree tomatillos with remaining broth in a blender; stir into pork mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 4-5 hours. If desired, serve with avocado and other toppings.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 173 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1457mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 1, 2019
This is a quick version of my favorite green chili. You don't get the strong flavors as if you would simmering something all day and using whole green chilis but this is good.