Green Chile Posole
This recipe combines parts of my nanny's and my mother's recipes that were taught to me when I was young. An optional sprinkling of queso fresco on top is delightful. —Jaime Love, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces each ) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed and chopped
- Optional: Sliced avocado, lime wedge, sliced jalapenos, sliced radishes, chopped cilantro and sour cream
- Place first 5 ingredients and 3-3/4 cups broth in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Puree tomatillos with remaining broth in a blender; stir into pork mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 4-5 hours. If desired, serve with avocado and other toppings.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 173 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1457mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Jun 1, 2019
This is a quick version of my favorite green chili. You don't get the strong flavors as if you would simmering something all day and using whole green chilis but this is good.