Grilled Country-Style Ribs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in country-style pork ribs (1-1/2 inches thick and 14 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup mixture for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade; place ribs and remaining water in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 462 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Oct 20, 2016
Delicious!! Very tender with lots of flavor and did not dry out at all even when leftovers were re-heated. I served this with roasted red skinned potatoes and roasted asparagus.
Jul 19, 2014
Followed the original recipe turned out wonderful!
Jun 17, 2011
Depending on the wattage of your microwave determines how long you should microwave. I substituted a microwave bag for a covered a dish and followed the directions on the bag, it made all the difference in world prior to going to the grill, the ribs turned out moist inside and carmelized on the outside. I would do it again my way.
Jun 16, 2011
Follow the recommendation, boil first for 45 minutes (add a little vinegar to the water) - sauce is excellent but Sweet Baby Rays is as good
Jun 16, 2011
Don't do in the microwave on HIGH! cook on no higher than MED in the microwave, these come out wonderful when you follow the remaining methods!
May 25, 2010
You never put meat in the microwave before grilling. Either boil it for an hour or bake first. I boiled the meat and then grilled them and it was wonderful!
Aug 9, 2009
Thank you for your comment. I read this recipe and I was also thinking, in the microwave? I was just about to make this, but I forgot to write the amount of soy sauce down, so I had to look up the recipe again, and I saw your comment. Food is too expensive these days to waste. Thanks for helping me to avoid a disaster.
Jun 22, 2009
Do NOT use this recipe! I tried it yesterday and the ribs, after 20 minutes in the microwave turned to ROCKS and I threw them away.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.