Barbecued Ribs with Beer
Total TimePrep: 2-1/4 hours Grill: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rack pork spareribs (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Rub the salt, Italian seasoning and pepper over ribs and place in a shallow roasting pan; add beer. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours or until tender.
- Drain ribs. Spoon some of the sauce over ribs. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 935 calories, 65g fat (24g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 1494mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 63g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2012
I gave this recipe four stars because I did not use the beer and I used the crockpot with BBQ sauce (1 bottle). This was my first time cooking ribs and the family loved it. We didn't have any ribs left for left overs.
Jul 31, 2011
I'd almost given up on making ribs, but this recipe changed my mind. Delicious, moist & tender. Thanks!
Jun 6, 2011
For the first time in 2 years, I didn't ruin the ribs! This recipe is full-proof and delicious.
Apr 24, 2011
Did not like the beer taste or smell.
Jun 1, 2010
I made these tonight but cut back on the salt and italian seasoning. They are delicious and so tender they fall off the bone. This recipe is a keeper.