Barbecued Beef Ribs for Two
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 pounds bone-in beef ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover with water. Simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain ribs; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 448 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Jul 13, 2013
DH normally grills ribs on the BBQ. However, I found a package of beef ribs buried in the freezer -- they had been there for ages. I really didn't relish the thought of "freezer-burned" ribs on the barbie and came across this recipe. A miracle worker. There was no way you could tell that the ribs had been in the freezer for over 2 years. They were great!
Jan 23, 2012
a lot of flavor. beef is very tender
Jul 27, 2009
This is just the type of recipe I like, good inghredients and just enough for my husband & I and we will try it soon!Sylvia, Naples, Florida
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.