Root Beer BBQ Ribs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups. Set aside.
- Cut ribs into five serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 804 calories, 55g fat (21g saturated fat), 220mg cholesterol, 1378mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 46g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2018
Not exactly healthy but oh SO GOOD!!
Sep 18, 2013
They were very tender but did not taste the root beer.
Aug 26, 2013
The ribs turned out fantastic! They were so very moist and tender with no root beer taste at all (which I was a little concerned about). There are only two of us so I "pulled" the leftover pork off of the bones and used it as a topper for baked potatoes later in the week. Very, very easy and yummy.
Aug 13, 2013
Sauce had very little flavor. Ended up dipping it in barbeque sauce out of a bottle.
Aug 12, 2013
I made this today, they were yummy. I used a Turkey Baceter and put the sauce over the Ribs ever so often. The ribs were so Moist!
Jul 30, 2013
I used the boneless country ribs and the recipe turned out great.
Jun 29, 2013
used rib tips we had in the freezer. came out tender and moist. will try again with "proper" ribs and possibly jack up the spices the spices some. more garlic and red pepper please!
May 13, 2013
Made this yesterday for Mother's Day and they came out so moist and just fell off of the bone...the sauce was really good too!
Mar 7, 2013
I didn't let the sauce thicken enough, but they were still really good. I would double the spices next time.