Sweet Ginger Ribs
People ask what’s in the marinade of my glazed sweet ginger ribs with ginger, garlic and peach preserves. Now you know! Psst: It works on steaks and chicken, too. —Grace McKeone, Schenectady, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 1-1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. Reserve 1 cup marinade for basting. Divide ribs and remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate ribs and reserved marinade in bags overnight.
- Remove ribs, discarding remaining marinade in bags. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2-2 hours or until tender, basting occasionally with reserved marinade during the last half hour.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 338 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Pork Ribs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016