Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes6 servings (about 4 cups sauce)
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds, optional
- Place ribs in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ribs. Garnish with onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients): 902 calories, 51g fat (16g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1891mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2017
Oct 16, 2015
Made this recipe with 2 1/2 lbs. baby back ribs. Cut all ingredients in 1/2 and only used 1/2 cup light brown sugar. Great Asian taste and smell. Will definitely make again.
Feb 23, 2015
The sauce was tasty. I think though, that my ribs were too fatty because the cooking juices, even after reducing vere very oily. Maybe next time I'll boil the ribs a bit as I do when I oven-bake them.
Feb 9, 2015
marinated overnight and grilled outside creates a wonderful glaze and taste
Oct 20, 2014
I used boneless country-style ribs, and used ground ginger rather than purchase ginger root. This recipe is very good, and very easy to prepare! I'll be making this one again!
Jan 20, 2014
I made these ribs for a birthday party I hosted this weekend and everyone raved about them! I used boneless country ribs. I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Sep 26, 2013
These ribs were very good and easy. Only had 2-1/2 lbs of baby backs so halved the sauce portion and cooked meat side down in the slow cooker for 6 hrs 40 min, which was a bit too long, so I'll adjust it next time. Served w/ basmati rice and corn on the cob. Did not make gravy, used sauce as is. Will make again.
Jul 31, 2013
This is every bit as good (if not better) than the pork ribs served at our favorite Chinese buffet restaurant. Definitely a keeper.
May 14, 2013
I thought this dish was great! I made a couple subs with it though. I used 1 tbs of ground ginger and country style pork ribs. I thought it had a great flavor and plenty of sauce. The only bummer...my boyfriend wasn't crazy about it. Maybe because of the ginger? Guess that means more leftovers for me!
Apr 11, 2013
My first time making ribs, and it was amazingly yummy!!! Will def make again and again!!!