Asian Barbecued Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sprinkle pork roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- Brush sauce over pork. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 232 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2019
Totally delicious! Loved the sauce and the pork was very tender. We love Asian food and this was a perfect complement to our pork fried rice. We will make this again for sure.
Dec 22, 2017
Perfection! The sauce is incredible. Best pork loin recipe I've ever made, and I've made a LOT of them.
Dec 5, 2014
This was awesome! I didn't tweak anything on it and had plenty of sauce left when serving to use for dipping the egg rolls in. It was extremely tasty!
Nov 3, 2013
it was awesome everyone loved it, its hard to please my husband much less a house of 10 but everyone loved it served with Hawaiian rolls, cheesy vegetables, and mashed potatoes it was awesome a new recipe to make many many times...and diabetic friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my husband didnt even know i made the sauce he thought it was store bought
Jan 17, 2013
This is delicious! The sauce goes together quickly and adds such a wonderful flavor to the moist, tender pork roast. The leftovers are delicious chopped and added to homemade fried rice or stirred into cooked spaghetti and sautéed vegetables for a quick and easy lo mein.We enjoyed every mouth-watering morsel. I know I'll be making this again and again.
Nov 30, 2012
Awesome flavor and so easy. The sauce is good with mashed potatoes as well as noodles or rice! Everyone loved it!
Apr 1, 2010
My whole family enjoyed this recipe. My 1 yr. old even had seconds! Very moist, and juicy and flavorful! I will definitely make this again