Asian Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 18 French dinner rolls (about 1-3/4 ounces each), split and warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cabbage, julienned carrot, sliced jalapeno pepper, fresh cilantro or basil and Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Coarsely shred pork with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through. Using tongs, serve pork on rolls, adding toppings as desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without optional toppings): 350 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 23, 2016
Very easy to pull together and came home to a good meal. I didnt have rice wine vinegar so I used white vinegar instead, as well as a pork tenderloin instead of a roast. We liked it, particularly topped with a little carrot and onion. I should have topped it with a little sriracha for myself too. :) I wish there had been more sauce, as the meat on top of the slow cooker got a little dry, but the flavor was still there. Even my daughter, who is not a fan of either soy sauce or sriracha, ate a large helping.
Apr 21, 2016
This was very easy to make and we enjoyed it as a wrap. Next time I will add more soy sauce and cut roast into 4 pieces so the sauce will go deeper into the meat while cooking.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.