Marinated Asian Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 218 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Sep 10, 2019
Really good! I marinated the meat for about 4 hours, seared on all sides then put in the oven to finish. I forgot to pull some marinade out to baste, but it worked out. I served with wasabi mashed potatoes and sauteed snap peas. I also served soy vay teriyaki sauce on the side to drizzle on the meat and potatoes and it was perfect!
Oct 1, 2014
This is delicious, I've made it a few times now, it crisps up and caramelizes nice on a rack in the oven on a cookie sheet. I had to make it with regular sodium soy sauce tonight and found it was a little saltier than usual but not overly so. I highly recommend.. the other commenters are correct that it takes longer than 20 minutes to cook if your tenderloin isn't skinny. I got an uneven package of 2 tonight and the skinny one was done in 22 minutes, the more regular sized one took 35.
Feb 7, 2013
This marinade is terrific. I used it with chicken thighs. Baked the thighs with the marinade which made an excellent sauce. Thank you April.
Aug 16, 2012
Awesome marinade! I love the sesame oil. I did not, however, put the ground mustard in....wasn't sure how that would taste. I also cooked mine for 40 minutes as some of the other reviewers mentioned.
Apr 18, 2012
Very good flavor...marinated overnight. I used a half pork loin and and cut it in half length wise to be about 1 pound each. It also took me a lot longer to get it completely cooked...but well worth it!
Mar 12, 2012
This is an economical dinner with great flavor! I love serving this recipe!
Feb 7, 2012
This recipe was outstanding and the tenderloin was so tender too, I could have eaten so much of this. I will definitely be making this regularly, might even try the marinade with pork chops or chicken for something different.
May 18, 2011
We grilled these up for our entire family (20 people) while in Hawaii. We were the envy of the beach! Love this recipe.
May 18, 2011
Everyone in my family loved this. My 9yo gave it 5 stars! I have a convection oven and it only needed 25 min to cook.
Aug 30, 2010
very flavorful and moist.