- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and, if desired, liquid smoke; rub over ribs.
- Layer ribs and onion in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour cola over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until ribs are tender. Drain liquid. Pour sauce over ribs and cook 1 hour longer.
1 serving: 999 calories, 66g fat (24g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 1650mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 64g protein.