Orange BBQ Baby Back Ribs
I do not care for long complicated recipes in summertime, I'd rather be out by the pool with my family. Thats when I came up with this easy, citrus twist on BBQ. The orange adds a subtle, but deliciously fresh flavor to any BBQ. I like to use the Orange BBQ sauce when I make chicken fondu as well, its perfect.
Total TimePrep: 2-1/4 hours Grill: 15 min.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, orange juice and zest; set aside 1 cup for serving. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place ribs over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 1011 calories, 61g fat (23g saturated fat), 245mg cholesterol, 1415mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 0 fiber), 51g protein.
Originally published as Easy Orange and Honey BBQ Baby Back Ribs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.