Peachy Baby Back Ribs
It's easy to get a smoky outdoor barbecue flavor from your slow cooker. Trust me, I've fooled many people on more than one occasion with these ribs. —Mary Louise Lever, Rome, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 bottles (18 ounces each) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and halved crosswise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup pickled hot jalapeno slices
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, well-trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Cut ribs into 3-rib portions; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place half of the ribs in a 6-qt. slow cooker; pour half of the sauce mixture over ribs. Repeat layers. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker; keep warm. Strain cooking juices, reserving peaches and vegetables. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Stir in reserved peaches and vegetables; serve with ribs. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 1019 calories, 43g fat (15g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 2466mg sodium, 110g carbohydrate (87g sugars, 3g fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as SOUTHERN STYLE HOT ‘N SWEET PEACHY BARBECUE PORK in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.