Baby Back Ribs
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into eight pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 555 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 26, 2017
omg, never use a slow cooker for ribs, geezus. All you'll get is soup. Instead, salt and pepper both sides, double wrap them in aluminum foil and bake 3.5 hrs at 275 degrees. If you want barbecue sauce on them, then slather them (after cooking) with any type of sauce and broil for 2 minutes. Then turn them over and slather more sauce and broil again for 2 min. Again, NEVER us a gd slow cooker for ribs, geezus.
Jul 26, 2013
Simple and tasty!
Nov 18, 2012
My husband usually does the ribs so I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make these. The flavor was wonderful too.
Oct 17, 2012
Yes, I would make this recipe again. It was so easy and so good!!
Dec 7, 2011
Yes, I have used this recipe before and it is great. Sometimes I change and put it on the grill first to brown and get the BBQ flavor, then put it in the slow cooker.
Nov 14, 2009
So easy and the end result is meat so tender it falls off of the bone.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.