- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into 8 pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
2 pieces: 555 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.