Cola BBQ Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cola
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reserve 3/4 cup for serving.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve chicken with rice and reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice): 213 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 14, 2015
This was a very tasty and different dish. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first mixed all of the sauce ingredients together. Before it simmered, the flavor combination was strange at best to me. Once it boils and all comes together though, it really is delicious. Definitely a transformation that I'm glad I was patient with! I will make this again.
Jul 19, 2014
Excellent flavor and easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.