Cola BBQ Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cola
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes. Reserve 3/4 cup for serving.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve chicken with rice and reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 tablespoons sauce: 213 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Nov 27, 2018
Wonderful flavor — picky toddlers loved it!
Aug 14, 2015
This was a very tasty and different dish. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first mixed all of the sauce ingredients together. Before it simmered, the flavor combination was strange at best to me. Once it boils and all comes together though, it really is delicious. Definitely a transformation that I'm glad I was patient with! I will make this again.
Jul 19, 2014
Excellent flavor and easy.