Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in. thick patties (the mixture will be moist).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cola and salad dressing; set aside.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with cola mixture. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting and turning occasionally. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 10, 2017
My kids love this recipe. I have sometimes substituted quick oats for the saltines and added a little more salt
Sep 9, 2014
Delicious flavor, held together well when cooked!
Jul 13, 2014
Loved them we used Root beer
Jul 13, 2014
I pan fried these on the stove and found that the added salad dressing really makes the fat build up and I had to drain them twice before I brushed with the sauce. They are probably better grilled, but will watch for flare-ups. Good flavor, though.
Mar 7, 2013
I make these burgers all the time - my picky grandkids really love these burgers and they don't taste like left over hamburger the next day - I double the recipe for special occassions like birthdays and family gatherings - I make ahead, freeze and we take them camping - always a hit!
Apr 2, 2012
burgers are fantastic. they don't crack or seperate when cooked
Mar 10, 2011
A favorite in our house. We don't always do the basting the recipe calls for and it's still delicious.
May 29, 2010
No one said this was an original recipe. The fact that you had to tsk tsk....tsk, tsk! Hope the (1) person that gave the bad review submits one of their recipes so we can give such a long baaad review. A simple "my family didn't care for it" would have sufficed. Shame on you for your un-kindness.
Feb 17, 2010
I can't begin to tell you how many times I have shared this recipe. My kids & husband love them. Super in the summertime on the grill.
Nov 1, 2009
made this for Halloween BBQ served 35. No one asked for the recipe. That is a big clue to me to never do that again. Just had people say, what is in that?? Husband said, Yuck! My guess too sweet of meat for our taste. I didn't even like it at all. Lots of half eaten burgers thrown away. Bummer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.