Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15)
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, pickles and sliced cheese
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/4 cup cola, cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties (mixture will be moist).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining cola and salad dressing; set aside.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with cola mixture. Continue grilling to desired doneness, 6-8 minutes, brushing and turning occasionally. For medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°. Serve on buns. Serve burgers with optional toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 461 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Sep 22, 2019
Aug 11, 2019
Was curious when I saw the name so made Cola Burgers for a group of friends. EVERYONE raved about how moist and flavorful the burgers were No one believed me when I said they had cola and Catalina dressing in them but everyone also went home with a link to the recipe.
Jul 27, 2019
Tasty! We liked them. I broiled them in my oven and didn't brush them with extra French dressing.
Jul 16, 2019
Super yummy I make quite often.
Jul 10, 2017
My kids love this recipe. I have sometimes substituted quick oats for the saltines and added a little more salt
Sep 9, 2014
Delicious flavor, held together well when cooked!
Jul 13, 2014
Loved them we used Root beer
Jul 13, 2014
I pan fried these on the stove and found that the added salad dressing really makes the fat build up and I had to drain them twice before I brushed with the sauce. They are probably better grilled, but will watch for flare-ups. Good flavor, though.
Mar 7, 2013
I make these burgers all the time - my picky grandkids really love these burgers and they don't taste like left over hamburger the next day - I double the recipe for special occassions like birthdays and family gatherings - I make ahead, freeze and we take them camping - always a hit!
Apr 2, 2012
burgers are fantastic. they don't crack or seperate when cooked