Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning, divided
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and red onion
- Cut butter into six slices. Place on a small plate; freeze until firm. For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, broth and 1-1/2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six patties. Place a butter slice in the center of each; shape beef around butter, forming 3/4-in.-thick patties. Sprinkle patties with remaining hamburger seasoning.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Spread buns with softened butter. Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with sauce and toppings. Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without toppings): 482 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 15, 2016
This burgers were ok, nothing special. I thought they were a bit salty, probably from the broth. They were not as moist as the comments promised. Sauce was good. I've done a similar sauce on other things.
Aug 1, 2015
Jul 27, 2015
I really enjoyed these, but the wife did not care for the taste of the burger. The sauce was very good also.
Jun 9, 2015
Very juicy burger. Hamburger Seasoning is: 2 t paprika, 1 1/2 t of each pepper & salt , 1/2 t brown sugar, 1/4 t of each garlic powder-onion powder-cayenne pepper. Never been a big fan of horseradish but this sauce is yummy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.