Hawaiian Honey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE sliced pineapple, drained
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with soy sauce. Continue grilling for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.
- During the last 4 minutes, grill the pineapple slices until browned, turning once. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 452 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 26, 2017
I love these! The kids are weirded out by pineapple on a burger so they just ate theirs with cheese, but still liked the burger. They turned out moist and delicious.
Sep 13, 2016
Very good and juicy but I couldn't taste much honey, I will add more next time!
Aug 6, 2016
Unreal how good these are!!! Didn't even need ketchup.
Nov 22, 2014
Been making these for years, decided to rate them so others would know how amazing they are. I cook them on the George Forman grill, and they turn out great. Definitely not your average burger, these are full of flavor!
Sep 23, 2014
My family devoured these!
Feb 19, 2013
Phenomenal!!! By far one of the best burger I have had in a very long time!!!
Nov 2, 2012
Our family love these burgers.
Apr 18, 2011
So glad I found these! My recipe box is in another country and I missed this one! These a so different but just as hearty as any burger. can't wait to make 'em again!
May 27, 2009
I am definitelt going to try these! Will let you know the results.
May 3, 2009
I eliminated the paprika and the curry powder, and replaced the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce to fit my family's tastes. This was awesome. My family loved this recipe, we will definitely be making this again.