Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pinch ground ginger
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with butter. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add the ketchup, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Top with reserved pineapple; bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and pineapple is heated through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2014
It was pretty good. I used chicken thighs because my dad likes them better.
Feb 28, 2012
I love this! It really does taste like something I could get on a tropical island. It's tangy from the mustard and sweet from the pineapple. I think I'll keep all these ingredients on hand from now on!
Nov 15, 2009
My family loved this dish! I served it over brown rice.
Mar 15, 2009
this looks like a very easy and yummy dish I will definately try...