Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pinch ground ginger
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with butter. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add the ketchup, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Top with reserved pineapple; bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and pineapple is heated through.
Jul 28, 2014
It was pretty good. I used chicken thighs because my dad likes them better.
Feb 28, 2012
I love this! It really does taste like something I could get on a tropical island. It's tangy from the mustard and sweet from the pineapple. I think I'll keep all these ingredients on hand from now on!
Nov 15, 2009
My family loved this dish! I served it over brown rice.
Mar 15, 2009
this looks like a very easy and yummy dish I will definately try...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.