My Favorite Burger
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 410 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2018
Confusion reigns; 2 batches of onion? Some diced for burger patties and some sauteed for on top of burgers? Outback style onion and mushrooms? (Sighing loudly) Thow in some grated garlic with the onions/mushrooms?
May 18, 2011
For some reason it did not mark my rating correctly. It was great.
May 18, 2011
Oh, this is a great recipe. To put my twist on it I chopped the onion put it inside the burger and cooked it. Delicious.